02 Jun Hematologist (Oncology) – Central Alberta Cancer Centre, Red Deer, Alberta
Central Alberta Cancer Centre (CACC), Red Deer, Alberta Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services
The Department of Oncology, Cancer Control Alberta, Alberta Health Services, Community Oncology in conjunction with Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary invite applications for a full-time clinician within the discipline of Hematology and Hematological Malignancies at the Assistant Professor level. The successful applicant will become a member of a multidisciplinary cancer program located at the Central Alberta Cancer Centre (CACC) site in Red Deer, Alberta, and will join a team of Medical and Radiation Oncologists, Nurse Practitioners and medical support staff working in the Central Zone.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide clinical 60% Malignant Hematology services to the Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services and 40% Non-Malignant Hematology services the Central Zone, Alberta Health
- Provide after hours and weekend on call services on a regular basis within the zone as part of an internal medicine and/or oncology call rotation as required to meet the needs of the zone.
- Have clinical services consist of a combination of consultations, direct and indirect patient care as an attending physician, and outpatient clinics as determined by the Medical Director Community Oncology in consultation with the Section Chief of Hematology and Hematological
- Participate in ambulatory hematologic oncology clinics and general hematology clinics at the Central Alberta Cancer Centre.
- Provide timely, accurate documentation of clinical services by producing, recording and approving documentation inpatient records.
- Support the coordinated multidisciplinary care of patients, including those services that can be provided locally and those that require referral to tertiary centres.
- Dedicate their professional time to research, education and administrative responsibilities as required by the medical leadership.
- Foster and support an environment for scientific inquiry as a component of academic patient care This includes support of clinical research through their efforts to make clinical trials available to patients in collaboration with the tertiary cancer programs and to support quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in Medical Grand Rounds occurring at the Central Alberta Cancer Centre, consistent with the expectations of the Section Hematology and Hematological Malignancies.
- Participate in multidisciplinary tumor site rounds at the assigned Cancer Centre on a weekly basis to support the care of patients treated through the CACC clinics.
- Participate in the meetings and administrative processes of the Community Oncology Portfolio as requested by the Medical Director of the Community Oncology Program.
- Participate in the development and implementation of provincial tumour group
Qualifications include a MD, FRCPC or equivalent with training in Hematology. Additional training in Malignant Hematology or a Malignant Hematology subspecialty would be an asset. The successful applicants will have or be eligible for certification in Hematology and Internal Medicine with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada and be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta.
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta
- Specialty: Hematology
- Secondary Specialty: Malignant Hematology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Compensation will be comprised of the following: 1) Cancer Care Alberta AHS remuneration for 60% Malignant Hematology services. Remuneration will depend on clinical experience and comply with the agreement between Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association. Compensation Grid Compensation range is between $190,851/ annum (level 1) and $274,725/ annum (level 4). 2) Fee for Service arrangement for 40% Non-Malignant Hematology services.
- Posting Date: May 4, 2022
- Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
To apply for this job please visit doctorjobsalberta.albertahealthservices.ca.