06 Jun Hematologist in Medical Oncology (2) – Cancer Care Alberta-Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton
HEMATOLOGIST IN MEDICAL ONCOLOGY – 2 roles
The Department of Oncology, Cancer Care Alberta, Division of Medical Oncology at the Cross Cancer Institute (CCI), with Alberta Health Services is accepting applications for a full-time Hematologist/Medical Oncologist with expertise/training in management of lymphoma and myeloma.
This position is based at the Cross Cancer Institute (CCI) in Edmonton. The successful applicant will join a team of multidisciplinary cancer programs and a team of Medical and Radiation Oncologists, Nurse Practitioners and other medical support staff in the Edmonton and North zones. They are expected to work with the translational science team. Responsibilities will include participation in ambulatory clinics for patients with lymphoproliferative disorders, and attending duties on the inpatient lymphoma/myeloma/autologous stem cell transplant unit at CCI. Other responsibilities will include participation in local and provincial tumour team based activities including clinical case reviews at tumour board rounds, annual, provincial tumour team meetings and local quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
Additionally, there is a leadership opportunity as a myeloma program lead. Candidate will have an appointment in the Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, and will be expected to commit 30% of their time in clinical research and teaching activities within the Department. CCI, Edmonton operates within a provincial framework for cancer care supported by provincial clinical guidelines and standards, focused on patient centered care.
Qualifications include an MD, certification in Internal Medicine, special competency in Medical Oncology/ Hematology (or equivalent), additional specialized training and experience in Malignant Hematology and eligibility for licensure in the Province of Alberta.
Candidates should have additional specialized training in the area of malignant lymphoid disease, as well as training and experience with cell therapy (BMT and CarT). Familiarity with early drug development/phase1 would be an asset.
All qualified applicants are invited to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
The position is sponsorship and LMIA eligible.
Please send your CV with the names of three references to:
Dr. Irwindeep Sandhu, Medical Director of the Northern Alberta Cellular Therapy and Apheresis Program
email: firstname.lastname@example.org and apply to doctorjobsalberta.com: Hematologist in Medical Oncology MED0001QU
- Position Classification: Full-time
- FTE: 1
- Department: Cancer Care Alberta, Oncology
- Specialty: Hematology
- Recruiting Organization: Alberta Health Services
- Sponsorship Eligible: Yes
- Compensation: Remuneration will depend on clinical experience and comply with the agreement between Cancer Care Alberta, Alberta Health Services and the Alberta Medical Association. Compensation Grid Compensation range is between $322,857 (level 1) and $464,743 (level 4). Oncologists may be either AHS employees or independent contractors.
- Community Info:Cross Cancer Institute (CCI) is a freestanding integrated cancer treatment and research facility that functions as the tertiary oncology referral centre for Northern Alberta. CCI is a leader in innovative cancer research, prevention, treatment and care initiatives. It has a strong record of basic and translational research as well as clinical trial activity in Oncology. Some familiarity with early drug development/ph 1 would be an asset, as would training and experience with cell therapy (BMT and CarT). The ability to work with our translational science team would be an advantage. This cancer centre sees both in- and out-patients, currently treating over 21,000 patients in one year.
- Posting Date: Jun 5, 2023
- Posting Status: Open until a suitable candidate is found
To apply for this job please visit albertahealth.taleo.net.