09 Jan Hematologist, Benign and Malignant Hematology – Michael Garron Hospital, Toronto
Michael Garron Hospital
Job Title: Hematologist, Benign and Malignant Hematology
Organization: Michael Garron Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is a large, urban, full service community teaching hospital with affiliation with the University of Toronto. In a vibrant and upcoming location, MGH provides comprehensive care to a diverse population of 400,000 living in the East end of Toronto since 1929.
Department: Hematology and Medical Oncology
The division of Hematology and Medical Oncology at MGH consists of 3 hematologists and 3 full-time oncologists, and one nurse practitioner. The hematology team currently has 2 full time malignant hematologists and one full time benign hematologist.
We are a collegial team with a busy clinical practice. If interested, there are opportunities to be involved in a variety of teaching activities and quality improvement initiatives. The clinic provides administrative support.
The Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology at MGH is inviting applications for the position of Hematologist, specializing in both benign and malignant Hematology. This role involves providing care to patients in the outpatient clinic, contributing to the Hematology inpatient consult service and participating in the inpatient Hematology Oncology call schedule.
- Provide ambulatory care to patients with malignant and benign hematologic conditions. Oversee patient’s care, including but not limited to regular assessments, oversight of chemotherapy and/or infusions.
- Expectation is to have 50% of clinical care dedicated to Malignant Hematology and 50% dedicated to general benign hematology
- Assist in the inpatient Hematology consult service
- Take part in the inpatient Hematology Oncology call schedule roster
- Medical Doctor;
- Certification in Hematology by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or eligibility for certification;
- Membership in, or eligibility for membership in, the Canadian Medical Protective Association.
- Demonstrate excellent clinical interpersonal skills and a firm commitment to team-based care
Compensation will be provided through a combination of a 0.5 FTE via Alternate Payment Plan (APP) and 0.5 fee-for-service (FFS).
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae
For further details or to submit an expression of interest, please contact Dr Patricia Disperati email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org