07 Jul Hematologist (2) – Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Regina
Website Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
Permanent Full Time, 2 Vacancies
The Saskatchewan Cancer Agency provides leadership in health promotion, early detection, treatment and research for cancer. The Cancer Agency operates two treatment centres: the Allan Blair Cancer Centre in Regina and the Saskatoon Cancer Centre. The provincial hematology program focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of patients with both benign and malignant hematological conditions, including full provision of autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplant services at our Saskatoon location.
Hematology Clinic, 4545 Parliament Ave, Regina, SK, S4W 0G3
Allan Blair Cancer Centre, 4101 Dewdney Ave, Regina, SK, S4T 7T1
The population of Saskatchewan is 1.2 million. The Regina Hematology Clinic and Allan Blair Cancer Centre provide comprehensive cancer care to those living in the southern part of the province.
The position will have responsibilities in the care of both benign and malignant patients, the proportion of each to be determined in collaboration with the team.
Our hematologists are eligible for a clinical appointment in the Division of Oncology, College of Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan and are also involved in teaching medical students and Residents including at the undergraduate and graduate level.
– Degree in Medicine with subspecialty training in internal medicine and hematology.
– Preferred candidates will have obtained or be in the final stages of obtaining certification in internal medicine and hematology with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or have equivalent education, training and experience.
– Experience in benign and malignant hematology considered an asset.
– Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan.
– Must be eligible for membership and privileges with the Saskatchewan Health Authority in Regina.
– Eligible for Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) coverage or equivalent
– Criminal record check
– Written and verbal fluency in English
A competitive compensation package is offered and will be commensurate with experience. Salary range for this position is $340,263 to $439,113, plus benefits. Additional incentives and relocation packages available.
How to Apply:
For more information regarding this opportunity, contact Dr. Abdulhakim Eswedi, Regina Team Lead – Hematology, at Abdulhakim.Eswedi@saskcancer.ca.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae to:
Physician Recruitment Saskatchewan Cancer Agency 130-1804 McOrmond Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada S7S 0A6
We thank all candidates for their interest. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of applicants will be ongoing. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org