17 May Anti-CD38 in Transfusion Medicine
Posted at 16:24h in
Marissa Laureano1,3, Akash Gupta2,3, Celina Montemayor3, Yulia Lin2
- Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Precision Diagnostics and Therapeutics Program, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Canadian Blood Services, Toronto, ON, Canada
As the end of this self-assessment module, participants should be able to:
- Describe how treatments with anti-CD38 monoclonal antibodies interfere with blood bank testing.
- Describe mitigation strategies to negate anti-CD38 interference with blood bank compatibility tests.
- Describe what tests should be ordered prior to initiating a patient on treatment with an anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody.
CHS Scientific Planning Committee Members (2021-22)
Dr. Joanne Britto – Resident Physician, Hematology-Oncology
Dr. Yan Xu – Fellow Physician, Hematology
Dr. Siraj Mithoowani – Clinical Hematologist at St. Joseph’s Healthcare, Hamilton
Dr. Hassan Sibai – Assistant Professor of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto and Staff Physician, Division of Medical Hematology & Oncology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre
Conflicts of Interest: None