The CHS Early Career Award recognizes outstanding accomplishments and promising future potential for early career educators, faculty engaged in Quality Improvement/Patient Safety (QIPS), or researchers. This award is intended to foster academic excellence and advance educational, QIPS and research innovation in the field of Hematology. One ECA will be awarded annually.
The recipient will receive complimentary registration to attend a conference of their choice (up to a maximum amount of $500, which will not include travel, food or accommodation expenses).
The awardee will also receive an engraved recognition, and a monetary prize of $1,000. The recipient will be announced at the CHS Annual meeting and Awards Event at the ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition and will provide a brief presentation highlighting their work. They will be introduced by one of their nominators.
Deadline for Applications: September 15th
To be eligible for this award, candidates:
- Must be a CHS member.
- Must be within their first seven years of their initial university or academic appointment (calculation of eligibility can be adjusted for part-time appointments and leaves of absence);
- Must hold an academic or independent research appointment at a Canadian institution.
- Must demonstrate substantial or meritorious contributions in teaching, quality improvement and patient safety (QIPS) or research (clinical, basic science or translational).
- Nominations must be submitted by a minimum of two peers (faculty and/or trainee) who must also hold CHS membership. Nominators should clearly identify in their letter the category of academic achievement for which the candidate is being nominated.
- In addition to the nomination letters, a letter of support from the Division Chief or Department Chair should be included.